NEW BLOG!

Now that we've left Egypt, I feel a need to record what we did there so when we look back on our time we'll remember it wasn't all homeschool and sleeping. I'll continue to post to this blog until I catch up to the time we left Cairo in June 2010. Our new blog will pick up from that time forward.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Fagnoon

Cairo has a fun place for kids called the Fagnoon Art Center. One day while the "regular school kids" were on their Christmas break we spent the day at this center. Several kids from our compound went. My kids never really gelled with the kids in our compound for various reasons. But it was fun to go be social with them for the day and it was nice of them to invite us to come along. They never really understood homeschool and I'm pretty sure they thought we were weird. Here are a few pics of the fun.

Cricket with a wood project

T on a pony ride

It's not a fun place for kids unless there are pony rides. Here's Nic taking one.

Batman and Critter showing off their metal art.

Nic & Red painting

3 comments:

Borens said...

So cute, Catherine! Can't wait to see you again!

shabba shabba said...

Heh heh. Fagnoon. Heh heh.

Catherine said...

I knew I could count on you, Joey :)